Headquarters U.S. INDOPACOM Student Volunteer Internship Program
Headquarters United States Indo-Pacific Command (HQUSINDOPACOM) offers opportunities for current and former college graduates through our Student Volunteer Internship Program (SVIP). The SVIP provides students with a rewarding and desirable internship opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the diverse environment of INDOPACOM.
This program is open to qualified students interested in joining the next generation of security defense forces in our nations largest combatant command. This program will allow students to explore career opportunities within a professional work environment while learning about the Department of Defense mission and objectives in the Indo-Pacific region. Students will grow in personal and professional skills through mentoring and developmental activities which encourage engagement with other professionals and students.
Benefits the Student Internship provides:
- Personal and professional development opportunities within the Department of Defense
- Networking across multiple government agencies (State Department, Justice Department, USAID...etc.)
- Coordinate with foreign governments including projects involving foreign policy strategies, defense, and security.
- Department of Defense SECRET security clearance for qualified candidates
- Undergraduate (Jr. or Sr.) or graduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (4.0 scale)
- U.S. Citizen
- Able to obtain a security clearance
- 10-week program 40hrs/week
- * 16-week program 20hrs/week (HI residents only) *
- Application Details
- Deadline: January 20, 2023
- Recommendations (if applicable)
- Letter of Intent (LOI)
J59 Program Coordinator: Mr. Kaniela Hughes (Kuh-nee-ella)
Phone: (808) 477-7950