Theater Travel Requirements
Some hyperlinks on this page are only accessible on a .mil or .gov domain system or with a Common Access Card (CAC) and reader.
Latest Force Health Protection (FHP) guidance from Commander, United States Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM):
USINDOPACOM Country Information:
U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories, review the latest Worldwide Caution message at:
- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/ and any other advisory that applies to your travel.
Electronic Foreign Clearance Guide (FCG): https://www.fcg.pentagon.mil/fcg.cfm. Select left column dropdown, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM), for INDOPACOM country pages.
USINDOPACOM Instruction 0536.2, Antiterrorism (AT), Section 7, Travel Requirements. USINDOPACOM instructions are available on SIPRNet. Contact the USINDOPACOM Theater Clearance Office for access to the instruction: email@example.com.
USINDOPACOM Liberty Policy - (Sept. 2013)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Training and Readiness
* Philippines Liberty Policy - (8 July 2016)
* Submitting the TT_IATP Entry
1. Review DOD Foreign Clearance Manual (Guide) for specific countries/areas to be visited
- Note if any areas are “USINDOPACOM Travel Restricted”
2. Review References on the NIPRNet to increase traveler awareness.
- Dept of State - Country Specific Information (CSI) sheets
- Additional information by country can be found at:
-- Overseas Security Advisory Council
-- FAA Cat 2 List https://private.amc.af.mil/a3/default.aspx?tab=11 (get waiver if necessary)
-- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/list.htm
-- USINDOPACOM Command Surgeon – J07
3. For travel to any foreign country in the USINDOPACOM AOR, receive an AOR Location Specific Brief. For countries not designated as USINDOPACOM Travel Restricted, you may accomplish the AOR Location Specific Brief requirement by viewing the latest DIA Threat Assessment on SIPRNet or from your unit SSO, Intelligence Officer or Antiterrorism Officer. For personnel without access to SIPRNet, unit SSO and Intelligence Officer, you may meet the requirement by viewing the Country Specific Information sheet in the U.S. State Department website http://www.travel.state.gov. For travel to countries/areas designated as USINDOPACOM Travel Restricted, receive an AOR Location Specific Brief from your unit's Intelligence Officer, SSO, AT/FP Officer or view the latest DIA Threat Assessment on SIPRNet. Alternatively you may review the Combating Terrorism Knowledge Base (CTKB). The AOR Location Specific Brief (via any of the above options) must be completed within 90 DAYS PRIOR TO TRAVEL.
– Current terrorist and criminal threat level, history of anti-US and anti government sentiment, and prosecutions/assessments of future terrorism in the Travel Restricted area(s) to be visited
– SIPRNet: (http://ctkb.dia.smil.mil/ctkb-spring/main.do)
***Record completion date for later entry in TT/IATP (see Step 9 below)***
4. Complete Antiterrorism Level I Training.
- Must be completed within 12 months of travel
- NIPRNet: https://jkodirect.jten.mil/Atlas2/page/desktop/DesktopHome.jsf
*** Record completion date for later entry in TT/IATP (see Step 9 below) ***
5. Personnel Recovery (PR) requirements:
- Survival, Evasion Resistance, and Escape (SERE) Course 100.2,
***Record completion date for later entry in TT/IATP (see Step 9. below)***
6. SCI cleared personnel shall contact their Special Security Officer (SSO) prior to foreign travel.
Traveler Accountability & Alerting
7. (If applicable) For Theater Security Cooperation missions, coordinate with USINDOPACOM/J45.
8. Gain approval from Flag Officer/General Officer/Senior Executive Service (FO/GO/SES) for USINDOPACOM Travel Restricted Areas.
– Travel must be “mission essential” Exceptions approved through APACS by USINDOPACOM J34
– Exceptions considered based on purpose of travel, familiarity with destination, and threat
– “Buddy Rule” is in effect for all USINDOPACOM Travel Restricted areas
9. Register/Load personnel data for the USINDOPACOM Travel Tracker and Individual Antiterrorism Plan (TT/IATP) Program For problems accessing the TT/IATP program, see “FAQ.”
– NIPRNet: https://iatp.pacom.mil
– A complete and approved AT plan is required for travel to a USPACOM Travel Restricted Area
– A Travel Tracker (TT) entry is required for all other countries/areas that are NOT Travel Restricted *NOTE: U.S. Army Pacific (USARPAC) requires all USARPAC personnel to submit a full AT plan regardless of destination
Theater and Country Clearance
10. Register/Submit data into Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS).
– NIPRNet: https://apacs.milcloud.mil/
– Traveler will need dates of training, itineraries, official contact info, contact info during travel and statement noting TT/IATP entry is completed (IATP approval for USINDOPACOM Travel Restricted areas)
SUBUNIFIED COMMAND REQUIREMENTS
11. There are additional requirements for travel to different Geographic Combatant Commands (GCC) and South Korea (See respective GCC’s website and USFK).
- USFK: http://www.usfk.mil/Newcomers/Training.aspx
*AFTER COMPLETING THE REQUIREMENTS AND SUBMITTING AN APACS REQUEST, ALL INFORMATION WILL BE VERIFIED IN TT/IATP, TSCMIS (IF APPLICABLE), AND APACS.
*TRAVELERS WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF THEATER/COUNTRY CLEARANCE VIA APACS.
(as of March 28. 2023)