HANOI, U.S. Embassy Consulate in Vietnam -- The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and the Institute of Population, Health and Development (PHAD) will collaborate to host the 2022 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Virtual Regional Workshop: Enhancing Human Capital in Health with the pre-engagement sessions in November 2021 and the main workshop in January 2022.
Young emerging leaders who have economic, educational, or health care-related backgrounds in ASEAN countries and Timor-Leste will have an opportunity to strengthen their network and bring their new ideas and critical thinking on how to tackle some of the most pressing social issues in human capital of the region that stem from a dearth in healthcare industry, especially in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. The 2022 YSEALI Regional workshop will provide information sessions and inspirational speeches, interactive group activities, leadership training, success stories from ASEAN and U.S. practices, networking events, small grant competition and mentoring program, and cultural activities. The application deadline of the workshop is 11:59 P.M. (GMT+7), September 19, 2021.
- YSEALI Member (Not a member yet? Join here!);
- Ages between 20 – 30 (at the time of application and workshop);
- Citizen of one of the following countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, Vietnam;
- Currently residing in one of the above countries;
- Proficient in English language skills;
- Should show a serious interest in learning about the health sector;
- Should demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
- Have the ability to actively participate in at least 36 hours during the workshop activities (that will take place outside office hours) from November 2021 to January 2022;
- Should commit to returning to their home country to apply leadership skills and knowledge gained to benefit their community, country, or Southeast Asia region.
Launched in 2013, the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is the U.S. government’s signature program to strengthen leadership development and networking in Southeast Asia and Timor-Leste. Through a variety of programs and engagements, including U.S. educational and cultural exchanges, regional exchanges, and seed funding, YSEALI seeks to build the leadership capabilities of youth in the region, strengthen ties between the United States and Southeast Asia, and nurture an ASEAN community. YSEALI focuses on critical topics identified by youth in the region: civic engagement, environment and natural resources management, and entrepreneurship and economic development.