FOIA Reading Room
Materials Required under 5 U.S.C. § 552
5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(A): Records—Final opinions and orders made in the adjudication of cases that may be cited, used, or relied upon as precedents in future adjudications.
- - Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals
5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(B): Records—Statements of policy and interpretations that have been adopted by the agency and are not published in the Federal Register.
- - Directive Type Memoranda
5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(C): Records—Administrative staff manuals and instructions, or portions thereof, that establish DoD policy or interpretations of policy that affect the public.
- DoD Publications
- FOIA/PA Staff Materials
5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(D): Records—Records released to the public, under the FOIA, that are or will likely become the subject of subsequent requests.
- Records Released under FOIA
- Freedom of Information Act Handbook
- Department of Defense FOIA Guidance
- Department of Defense Directive 5400.07
- Department of Defense Directive 5400.7R
Additional Information and Resources can be found at:
Department of Justice FOIA Website: http://www.justice.gov/oip/foia-resources.html